Gender Shame

Last week when I arrived at the Radio Estel studio in Barcelona where I am in charge of the program “Words of love”, I was able to see first-hand the evidence of perpetrated violent acts but was unable to see the face of the perpetrators. On Tuesday night in a violent rage, all types of objects were deliberately thrown at the premises resulting in broken windows.
Was that the answer to the voices which spoke out from our station and others in defense of the unborn?

I can’t stand being coerced or manipulated… Nothing further from me than giving up when faced against those who want to discriminate for reasons of gender.
Neither do threats or insults scare me… I only fear lies and injustice.
In this sense, I cannot understand those who consider the position of protecting the life of the unborn – innocent and defenseless - as  somehow against women and their dignity.

A life that bursts into the world, breaking through the backdrop of time and space is a reality imposing itself, whatever we think about it.
Starting at the precise and fertile moment, a unique, beating, and tiny existence starts to break into our universe, often against all odds and plans.
“Inevitably”, he or she is already a Being. What an amazing thing this is: It gives you vertigo to consider it.

I know that very feeling of being overwhelmed. As a mother, I have experienced it several times. And there is no going back…

This is why, even if I am openly belligerent when it comes to defending the feminine condition, I feel “gender shame“ when I see women like myself who – perhaps because they lack other reasons – use the crudest violence and aggression to claim their rights.
Their right to abort? Who is the legal entity to be protected here…?

Abortion is not sacred…
Life –- yours, his, hers, mine -- that is sacred. That is the only right which isn’t up for grabs!!

To you the women of FEMEN (or their supporters) who think that your fight is just and necessary, I would like to offer you a deal.

Do not hide behind masks, or elaborate games.  They are needlessly unpleasant for those who have to suffer their consequences.
Let us bare our chests and talk woman to woman.
If you can convince me that this human life is not such, then I will agree to fight at your side.
I might even be jailed together with you. (I’m not so sure about nudity … I’m a decent girl and that is not my style).

I am sure that if we honestly seek the truth, it in the end we will find it.

To those who have read this article and would like to talk further -- here I am.
Let’s talk!
daugther.woman.mother@gmail.com

Angeles Montuenga




 This is an inspiring video ..Worth watching!








Comentarios

Entradas populares