Japan, what is yet to come



I’m overcome with emotion by the images, by the process of events, highly impressed by the greatness of a people which is willing to start anew.
When faced with disaster, brotherhood seems to be present in humanity.
Desolation and hope, both are together.
Standing on this land –so far still firm- I have an uncomfortable feeling, the feeling of not being helpful, because I should be closer.
It is me now watching, but next time, in a not very far future, other eyes will sympathise with my luck and my loved ones.

Etsuro Sotoo- Sagrada Familia's japanish sculptor- said once : "Time does not pass. It is us who pass... The important thing is how we pass it and how we go through it". Life is but a short while, and death is an always testing time, and an extremely personal one. Other eyes will cry over my memory ... And those same eyes will later again enjoy what is yet to be seen. The irresistible happiness of staying alive will irremissibly push them towards that.

What made me smile was the image of a survivor who, among the few belongings that were still left to him, was grabbing a golf club… He was probably feeling inside a sparkle of hope that someday he would be able to play again... Like a child who, trusting and waiting, is looking forward to something good that is yet to come.

Through my little window opening to the world, I can’t stop looking at you and feeling with you… I send you my love, and a sincere prayer.
What a great nation! I’m sure that from all this hotchpotch of anger, pain and waste you will revive... Only such sensibility as the Japanese one is capable to serenely merge drama with the joy of living, to create a beautiful melody out of Beethoven’s Fifth Symphony and Mambo Number 5.
.

Comentarios

Entradas populares